Explore the world of general practice while you complete your hospital training.
What is the Future General Practitioner (FGP) network?
The Future General Practitioner (FGP) network is for Junior Medical Officers (JMOs) that ensures general practice does not fall off the radar during their hospital training.
The network is made up of FGP Ambassadors who are your peers working in your hospital as JMOs or GP registrars. They are supported by FGP Advisors who are late-stage GP registrars and early career GPs.
Our FGP Ambassadors and Advisors are here to support you during your hospital training and can answer any question you may have about general practice or GP training.
How can FGP Ambassadors and Advisors support me during my training?
Your FGP Ambassadors and Advisors can:
- answer any of your questions about general practice or GP training
- help you with the GP training application process
- support you as you deal with the pressures of hospital rotations
- connect you with other JMOs interested in general practice
- organise FGP talks, presentations and events in your hospital
- help you network with GP registrars, GPs and general practice stakeholders.
To get in touch with your FGP Ambassador or FGP Advisor please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further FGP network support
Join the FPG network by signing up for your FREE GPRA membership. You will:
- get a headstart on GP training with important information, resources and support for GP registrars
- receive alerts regarding important GP training application dates
- get to know more about your options within GP training and post-GP fellowship
- be invited to any networking or social events for JMOs in your area
- gain access to exclusive GPRA member-only benefits
- receive our bi-monthly FGP eNewsletter.