We're here to support you
GPRA is the only national independent organisation run by GP registrars for GP registrars. We provide the next generation of general practitioners with free support, advice and resources. We act as your voice and your advocate.
- you'll have access to GPRA support, advocacy, events and more
- more GPRA members means a stronger voice on issues that matter to GP registrars and stronger political representation
- it's FREE!
Membership is FREE — it takes one minute to apply! All GP registrars, medical students and prevocational doctors can apply.
Looking to update your member details?
What does GPRA offer members?
- exam and learning support: resources, study partners, study advice, webinars
- employment support: negotiations, advice, job opportunities
- advocacy: advice, support, political representation
- wellbeing support: tips and advice
- events: conferences, workshops and networking opportunities.
GPRA are the advocates for registrars in both the general practice sector and with the Federal Government on issues that matter to registrars — an important independent voice in a time of great change to general practice.
Here are our main concerns for 2019 and beyond:
- With overall responsibility for GP training transitioning to the general practice medical colleges (RACGP and ACRRM). GPRA is actively involved in transition arrangements, and the long-term GP training environment, as an independent entity that is able to protect checks and measures that ensures the system works for the doctors in training. We aim to assist with ensuring the success of the new arrangements.
- GPRA negotiate the National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars (NTCER). This important document outlines the minimum terms and conditions which a registrar receives. Your support and involvement help GPRA ensure the terms and conditions in the NTCER are fair and reasonable for the registrar as well as the training practice.
Other member benefits include:
We negotiate the National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars. This agreement outlines the employment terms and conditions for registrars, including their remuneration. The more members we support, the stronger the voice we have for national change.
GPRA partners with key stakeholders within general practice to bring member discounts and special offers. Some of our key partnerships include:
- HealthCert — GPRA members have access to discount codes on a range of HealthCert courses, become a GPRA member or update your member details to access the discount code
- Exam preparation support organisations
- Discounted on selected medical textbooks
- And much more!