General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA) is your voice in the GP sector. We are the only independent organisation protecting the rights of GP trainees.
We represent around 22,000 members who are:
- GP trainees
- prevocational doctors
- or medical students.
We are your not-for-profit organisation advocating for you in both the general practice sector and with the government on issues that matter to GP trainees.
GPRA is the only national independent organisation run by GP trainees for GP trainees. We provide the next generation of general practitioners with free support, advice and resources. We act as your voice and your advocate.
We support our members by:
- negotiating the National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars (NTCER)
- advocating on educational, employment and policy issues in general practice
- providing advice on employment negotiations and training issues
- events, including networking, educational, wellbeing and professional development
- assisting with exam preparation
- providing special member-only services and discounts with partner organisations.
Our networks include:
- Indigenous General Practice Registrar Network (IGPRN)
- General Practice Student Network (GPSN)
- Future General Practitioner (FGP) network
GPRA is governed by the GPRA constitution.