Registrar Liaison Officers (RLOs) provide confidential advice, care, information and support to GP registrars.
RLOs act as a liaison between GP registrars and their training organisation. They also advocate and represent GP registrar interests locally, statewide and federally.
All RLOs are automatically members of GPRA's Advisory Council.
RLOs are employed by Regional Training Organisations (RTOs); RTOs must employ RLOs to ensure registrars have support and a way to provide feedback to their organisations.
RLOs are there to provide you with support. They are registrars too, so they understand what you are going through.
When to contact your RLO
RLOs are there to support you. You may wish to contact your RLO when:
- you need advice or have questions relating to your training, employment, contract, workplace or work-life balance
- you need a 'sounding board' to talk through your thoughts
- you need ideas and suggestions specific to your circumstance
- you need a support person who understands the issues facing GP registrars
- if you feel isolated or unsupported, or are struggling.
Your RLO will listen to you, and where appropriate they may also:
- provide advice
- refer you to a health professional for further support
- assist with submitting any anonymous or identifiable enquiries or complaints
- provide emotion support
- facilitate social or group events that may help GP registrars debrief or support each other.
How to contact your RLO
You can contact your RLO through the details provided below. You may also contact GPRA for confidential advice and support, especially with issues and questions relating to your employment agreement and training.
Your RLOs and contact details
- Hayley Vickers (Hunter, New England, Central Coast) RLO_HNECC@gpsynergy.com.au
- Rajdeep Ubeja (Nepean-Western Sydney) RLO_NESydney@gpsynergy.com.au
- Rebecca Chan (Lower East/Central Sydney) RLO_CESWS@gpsynergy.com.au
- Jessica Tidemann (Murrumbidgee & ACT (urban/rural) email@example.com
- Jessica Swann (South Eastern) RLO_southeastern@gpsynergy.com.au
- Daniel Rudd (Western NSW) RLO_western@gpsynergy.com.au
Murray City Coast Country (MCCC)
Contact: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar Advisory Group Chair— Erin O'Donnell-Taylor
- Perth Metro North — Andrew Parker
- Perth Metro South — Ramya Raman
- Perth Metro East — Winsome Santa Maria
- Perth Inner Metro - Bree Wright
- North West — Alice Fitzgerald
- South West — Jonathan Ackinclose
- Mid East — Jasmine O'Neill