Essential negotiation checklist
Cover all the important terms and conditions in your employment agreement.
- Hours: sessions and locations, educational release time, administration time
- Training and employment load
- On-call, after-hours, additional ordinary hours
- Average number of patients per hour.
- Base salary or percentage of billings or receipts plus superannuation
- Payment for ordinary hours
- Payment for off-site work including hospital VMO, nursing home and home visits
- Payment for after-hours and on-call work
- Payment for on-call, on-premises and off-premises
- The frequency of billing and payment cycles
- Payment for working on public holidays
- Payment for each leave type
- SIP and PIP payments
- Accommodation and relocation subsidies
- Any other allowances and expenses.
Education and supervision
- Protected and non-protected in-practice teaching
- Educational release time
- Annual leave
- Personal/carer’s leave
- Compassionate leave
- Study leave
- Parental leave.
- Medical indemnity insurance
- Personal safety and occupational health and safety
- Fatigue management
- Restrictive covenants
- Renegotiation date
- Dispute resolution process
- Termination of employment.
- Written employment agreement completed, signed and dated by you and your employer before starting work with a copy retained for your records.