Clause 9.2 of the National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars (NTCER) describes this situation specifically:
” (c) Registrars required to attend an educational session on a weekday not on their usual roster shall be granted time off as educational release.”
- As you are full-time and working full-time hours (38 hours/wk) over 4 days. This means that your work days are going to be 9.5 hours long.
- If the educational release day falls on a Wednesday and runs from 9am-5pm, so 8 hours long.
- You will take the 8 hours from the educational release day as time-off in lieu on Tuesday or Thursday.
- There will be a remaining 1.5 hours which you will have to work.
- If the educational release day runs for 9.5 hours, then you will have the whole day off as time in lieu.