I’m working 38hrs over four days with Wednesdays off. When a training day falls on a Wednesday, am I entitled to equivalent time in lieu for that? And if a training day goes for 8hrs does that mean the leave I am entitled to is 8 hrs off in a 9.5hr day?
Read the full NTCER
The NTCER outlines your minimum employment terms and conditions
Lodge an enquiry
Still have questions?
Clause 9.2 of the National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars (NTCER) describes this situation specifically:
” (c) Registrars required to attend an educational session on a weekday not on their usual roster shall be granted time off as educational release.”
- As you are full-time and working full-time hours (38 hours/wk) over 4 days. This means that your work days are going to be 9.5 hours long.
- If the educational release day falls on a Wednesday and runs from 9am-5pm, so 8 hours long.
- You will take the 8 hours from the educational release day as time-off in lieu on Tuesday or Thursday.
- There will be a remaining 1.5 hours which you will have to work.
- If the educational release day runs for 9.5 hours, then you will have the whole day off as time in lieu.
See also: FAQ Educational release – updated NTCER clause and parity for part-time registrars.