Call for nominations to the General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA) Board of Directors
Nominations are open to the GPRA Board — we are the peak, national representative organisation for GP registrars.
There is one Registrar Director position currently available on the GPRA Board. The term of appointment is three years.
The GPRA Board consists of up to six elected Directors. The term of appointment for all these positions is three years. In addition, the Board may appoint up to three directors based on a skills audit, including an independent chairperson. A GPRA Board Director is bound to act in the best interests of the Company, in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001 and the GPRA Constitution. The roles and responsibilities of Directors can be found at the ASIC website and the AICD website. We encourage nominees to visit these websites to gain an understanding of these roles.
Election of the new Director will occur via electronic preferential vote between 19 October to 2 November 2018.
Who can nominate?
Any current voting member of GPRA, who:
- is a GP registrar;
- is a GP who has attained their FRACGP, FARGP and/or FACRRM since 3 November 2016, is eligible to nominate.
- 5 October 2018 — nominations open
- Noon, 12pm (AEDT) 18 October 2018 — nominations close
- 19 October 2018 — voting opens
- 2 November 2018 — voting closes
- 2 November to 9 November 2018 — voting counting and scrutiny
- 9 November 2018 — successful candidate announced to members
- 17 November 2018 — the elected Director will be confirmed at the GPRA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
How to nominate?
To nominate please submit the following documents:
- A completed nomination form
- A current resume (one page only)
- A candidate statement of 600 words (maximum), detailing why you wish to nominate for this position, and what you would hope to achieve if you were successful. Please refer to the GPRA Board Director role description and include any relevant competencies and experience.
- A photograph of yourself to accompany your candidate statement
NOTE: Your candidate statement will be distributed to all voting members to inform their electronic voting.
You will also require two seconders for the nomination. These two people must be current voting members of GPRA.
If you are nominating (or are a seconder) and do not have your member number, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 03 9629 8878.
Nomination documents must be received by noon, 12:00 pm (AEDT) 18 October 2018 by any of the following means:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (03) 9629 8896 or
- Post: GPRA, Suite 1, Level 1, 517 Flinders Lane Melbourne VIC 3000