GP Supervisors Australia (GPSA) and GP Registrars Australia (GPRA) met recently to discuss an appropriate path forward to support Training Practices and their registrars with certainty around baseline employment conditions in 2019 and beyond. Read more...
Discount equipment sale ended
Thank you for your orders. Any items ordered will be delivered between 28 February and 7 March 2019 direct from MedShop.
Many registrars will be asking: "do I sign an employment agreement for a training placement starting in 2019 before the 2019/20 NTCER is released?" Read more...
After announcing our Board's decision to discontinue the 2018 NTCER negotiations, GPRA has had an influx of messages of support from members. Read more...
GPRA meets with Mr Tony Zappia MP
GPRA CEO Andrew Gosbell and GPRA board member Dr Sama Balasubramanian had a very productive meeting with Mr Tony Zappia MP yesterday, discussing the future of GP training in Australia.
Our withdrawal from the negotiations draws attention to the need to replace the NTCER with a more holistic approach which addresses the critical issues facing general practice, especially in rural and remote areas, and contributes to a sustainable profession. Read more...
GPRA named finalists in Turnaround of the Year Award
GPRA is pleased to have been named a finalist in the Associations Forum's Association Turnaround of the Year Award™ 2018.
"...GPRA notes with concern that technical issues with the AKT and KPF exams have caused distress for a number of registrars..." Read more...
While most GP training practices are fair; unfortunately, 28% of practices force registrars to wait for three months to receive their Medicare billings. Read more...
GPRA, in consultation with its members, recently released their position statement on quality community-based training positions for vocational training in the speciality of general practice in Australia. Read more...
GPRA CEO said that, although it is receiving no new funds, the continuing commitment in the Budget to supporting national health is a critical cornerstone. Read more...
GPRA President Dr Melanie Smith today announced that results from recent national research quantify the major causes of stress for those embarking on a career in general practice. Read more...
GPRA CEO meets with Michael Sukkar MP
GPRA CEO Meets with Ken Wyatt, MP
For media enquiries and to subscribe to our media release list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 29 Mar 2019 | IGPRN and GPRA welcome Minister Wyatt as Minister for Indigenous Australians
- 08 Mar 2019 |GP registrars should not have to provide medical care to colleagues and practice staff
- 07 Dec 2018 | GPRA and GPSA agree to work together towards sensible systemic change
- 23 Nov 2018 | GPRA announces new President
- 13 Sep 2018 |A Modern, Equitable Negotiation Process Is Needed
- 13 Sep 2018 | GPRA Seeks New Approach
- 17 Jul 2018 | GPRA will support GP registrars affected by RACGP exam technical issues
- 05 Jul 2018 | GP registrar dissatisfaction with employment conditions
- 29 Jun 2018 | GP Registrars need to learn as well as earn
- 31 May 2018 | Most GP Training Practices Are Fair and Reasonable
- 24 May 2018 | Stressed Registrars, Where to Next?
- 10 May 2018 | Budget: Great Preventive Health Initiatives
- 10 May 2018 | Budget: Supporting Health Peak and Advisory Bodies is Important
- 09 May 2018 | Key problems during general practice training
- 09 May 2018 |Budget is a move in the right direction
- 27 Oct 2017 | Registrars demand input into changes to GP training
- 02 Oct 2017 | GPRA Supports Equality
- 28 Feb 2017 | GPRA Welcomes New CEO and Plans a Positive Direction for the Future
- 07 Mar 2017 | Consultation with members to ensure a bright future for GPRA
- 20 Mar 2017 | Cornerstone address by Professor Michael Kidd at the GPRA National Strategy Summit
- 22 Mar 2017 | Foundation address by Professor Simon Willcock at the GPRA National Strategy Summit
- 24 Mar 2017 | Last chance! Register now for GPRA’s National Strategy Summit
- 04 Apr 2017 | GPRA Summit Success