Exciting opportunity to join well established, private billing practice
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a full-time or part-time experienced VR GP or New Fellow to join our friendly, supportive, professional team in our modern, well-equipped practice.
Settle into the full breadth of general practice with a passionate team of supervisors and experienced GPs, and be supported by our exceptional nursing and admin teams.
No after-hours or on-call work required.
Named as RACGP’s WA General Practice of the Year in 2019, Illawarra Medical Centre is a well-established, highly regarded, doctor-owned and run practice that has served the local community for over 28 years.
Our patients are mainly comprised of young families and children, with a good mix of workers compensation and industrial medicine.
We are dedicated to providing superior health care to children and families and offer a range of health services, including:
- Women’s Health – in-house ultrasound machine, Implanon and Mirena insertion
- Travel Health – member of the Travel Medicine Alliance (TMA), providing a range of travel health services and immunisations
- Dermatology – we work in close collaboration with our sister skin clinic – DermCosmesis – to provide a comprehensive range of dermatology services and skin solutions.
The practice is a quality teaching practice, with multiple experienced supervisors on site and opportunities for all our GPs to be involved in teaching if they wish.
Our fully accredited practice offers flexible working hours with high earning potential.
- Private billing, with bulk billing available for patients under 16 and health card holders
- Purpose-built, large, modern medical centre with 14 consulting rooms, a comprehensive treatment facility, as well as two fully-equipped procedure rooms dedicated to women’s health and minor surgical procedures.
- Excellent on-site administration and highly skilled nursing support, including a dedicated nurse led chronic disease team.
- Adjacent allied health services include Pharmacy, Dietician, Pathology, Dentist, Physiotherapy, Psychology and Skin Clinic.
- Opportunities for learning and development through:
- Our experienced doctor team with varied special interests and skills
- Research opportunities through our close ties with the WA Health Department, Telethon Kids Institute, and Perth Children’s Hospital
- Access to regular ongoing learning and development opportunities, through regular in-house educational sessions for all doctors and practice staff.
- Long-standing WAPGET registrar and UWA and Notre Dame medical student training facility.