Doctor wanted for busy clinic in Cairns
Abbott Medical Clinic has an opening for GPs to join their well-established mixed billing practice in Earlville, situated 4 km west of the Cairns CBD area.
One of our longstanding doctors has retired, so there are plenty of patients in need of your care. A number of other local doctors have retired over the last year, so there are always new patient requests.
The practice offers;
- dedicated nursing and reception team who will support you
- a supportive environment that values the doctor’s experience
- opportunity to provide telehealth consultations
- mixed billing fee structure. As an independent contractor, you set your own fees
- DPA location
- collegial team of doctors, with weekly “Mini – Grand Rounds”
- skin cancer medicine
- an onsite pathology collection centre
- access to Cairns Hospital, with good relationships with local specialist doctors.
The building has lockup undercover parking. A Tesla charger is available at the nearby Earlville Shopping Town. We also have shower facilities with lockers if you ride/run/walk to work.
Cairns is situated in beautiful tropical North Queensland, where the reef meets the rainforest.
We are dedicated to teaching. Some of our medical students have returned as registrars and stayed once they gained Fellowship.
A minimum guarantee of $150/hour for 3 months for fellowed GPs. For GP registrars, the standard registrar contract applies – although we pay on a fortnightly cycle, not 3 months. A relocation allowance of $10,000 is available if needed.
If you are interested in working with us and would like to learn more, contact Serena Keating, on 0419 72107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to meet the team.