Explore the world of general practice while you complete your hospital training.
What is the Going Places Network (GPN)?
The Going Places Network (GPN) is a junior doctor network that promotes general practice during hospital training. The network ensures that general practice does not fall off the radar, and keeps junior doctors up to date with the latest information on general practice, including details on the pathways to becoming a Fellow and the breadth of opportunities available in general practice.
Become a member with GPRA today — it is free — and you will receive our bi-monthly GPN eNewsletter which will alert you to important GP training application dates as well as discuss your options in GP training.
What is a GP ambassador?
GP ambassadors are a part of our GPN — a network of prevocational doctors with a passion for general practice — these Ambassadors are dedicated to developing GPN in their hospital and are a point-of-contact for other prevocational doctors wanting to know more about general practice.
What does a GP ambassador do?
- supports fellow prevocational doctors deal with the pressures of hospital rotations
- provides a contact point between GPRA and prevocational doctors during hospital rotations
- organises Going Places networking and educational events
- keeps general practice front-of-mind during hospital rotations with their peers.
Become a GP ambassador
Any prevocational doctor who is passionate and knowledgeable about general practice. You will also need to be approachable and outgoing. Being a GP ambassador is also something which you can put on your CV, showing an early interest in general practice in your training.
Contact us at email@example.com with your name, your hospital and why you would like to become a GP ambassador.
Find your GP ambassador
You can contact your GP ambassador by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your GP ambassador when you:
- need answers to questions about general practice during hospital rotations
- want to network and touch base with another prevocational doctor interested in general practice.