Explore the world of general practice while you complete your hospital training.
What is the Going Places Network (GPN)?
The Going Places Network (GPN) is a junior doctor network that promotes general practice during hospital training. The network ensures that general practice does not fall off the radar, and keeps junior doctors up to date with the latest information on general practice, including details on the pathways to becoming a Fellow and the breadth of opportunities available in general practice.
Become a member with GPRA today — it is free — and you will receive our bi-monthly GPN eNewsletter which will alert you to important GP training application dates as well as discuss your options in GP training.
Advice for prevocational doctors:
- What you need to know before starting GP training
- Advice: how to survive your internship year
- Advice: transitioning from medical school to intern
What is a GP ambassador?
GP ambassadors are a part of our GPN — a network of prevocational doctors with a passion for general practice — these Ambassadors are dedicated to developing GPN in their hospital and are a point-of-contact for prevocational doctors wanting to know more about general practice.
What does a GP ambassador do?
- support prevocational doctors as they deal with the pressures of hospital rotations
- answer any questions about general practice training
- organise GPN events.
Contact your GP ambassador when you:
- have questions about general practice during hospital rotations
- want to know more about the GP training application process
- want to network with other prevocational doctors, GP registrars and more.
Contact your GP ambassador by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a GP ambassador
Any prevocational doctor who is passionate and knowledgeable about general practice. You will also need to be approachable and outgoing. Being a GP ambassador is also something which you can put on your CV, showing an early interest in general practice in your training.
Contact us at email@example.com with your name, your hospital and why you would like to become a GP ambassador.