Who are we and what we do
General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA) is the peak voice for the next generation of general practitioners.
- over 25,000 medical students
- prevocational doctors
- GP registrars.
We are a not-for-profit organisation. We aim to improve the healthcare of all Australians through excellence in education and training. We aim to ensure general practice is the medical specialty of choice.
We support our members by:
- advocating on educational, employment and policy issues in general practice
- negotiating the National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars with General Practice Supervisors Australia (GPSA)
- providing advice on employment negotiations
- facilitating networking with colleagues
- providing advice on training
- assisting with exam preparation and more.
Our networks include:
- General Practice Student Network (GPSN)
- Going Places Network (GPN)
- Indigenous General Practice Registrar Network (IGPRN)
- General Practice Registrar Medical Educator Network
- General Practice Registrar Emerging Supervisor Network.
GPRA patron Professor Michael Kidd
From 2013-2016 Michael was President of the World Organization of Family Doctors. He is currently Professor of Global Primary Care at Flinders University. Michael is a past president of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, a Council Member of the Australian Government’s National Health and Medical Research Council , and a board member of several health organisations, including beyondblue. He is the Patron of GPRA and GPSN.