United General Practice Australia
United General Practice Australia (UGPA) is comprised of six medical organisations working together to address the primary health care issues that general practitioners around Australia feel need urgent action.
Who is UGPA?
Six medical associations form UGPA:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA)
- Australian General Practice Network (AGPN)
- Rural Doctors Association of Australia (RDAA)
What we do
In October 2008, when UGPA was formed, the group identified a number of critical steps that are required to maintain Australia’s world-leading primary health care system. These included:
- investing in what works – GP practices as the hub of primary care
- recognising and rewarding high quality primary health care
- fixing the shortage of GPs and other health care workers
- national registration and accreditation that safeguards the standards of medical practice.